Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A little bit of progress from the R&D department


From:Andrew Opala
To:Jill Parker
Sent:Tuesday, November 16, 2010 10:49:37 AM
Subject:Week 7: Tues


Re: 
Dynamic Stretching
6ish miles total 1.5 mi wu + 10x400M @ *3K w/3 min recovery between sets (walk or jog lightly, do not stand still or your legs will get tight) + 1 mi cd
*Let’s see if you can pick up the pace a couple sec from last week.  10 will be tough, but oh how strong they are going to make you. Next week is recovery week so let’s make the best of these this week!
+ weights  


Target:
9:37
Interval
Avg Pace
Avg HR
Max HR
1
8:50
139
147
2
8:59
140
150
3
9:11
139
149
4
9:08
141
151
5
9:13
140
152
6
9:17
139
149
7
9:37
139
147
8
9:06
141
151
9
9:26
139
150
10
9:20
139
151
Avg
9:12
139.6
Max
152

As per your note, I ran it like there was an ambulance waiting for me at the end of the interval … no cool down waiting, no tomorrow waiting, no saving myself for my virgin bride.  And I hope I passed the audition.

Compared with last week:
Target
9:37
Interval
Avg Pace
Avg HR
Max HR
1
9:40
126
137
2
9:38
125
137
3
9:45
128
138
4
9:42
128
140
5
9:46
128
137
6
9:49
127
139
7
9:49
128
143
8
9:47
130
139
Avg
9:44
127.5
Max


143



From:Jill Parker
To:Andrew Opala
Sent:Tue 11/16/2010 1:12 PM
Subject:Re: Week 7: Tues


THAT'S MORE LIKE IT, baby!!!!! I like your HR up like that! No virgin bride is safe with you, speedy!! Looks like we'll be adjusting some numbers after your next recovery week :)!

--
Jill

Certified AFAA Personal Trainer and RRCA Running Coach
Check out: http://runwithjill.blogspot.com/

29 comments:

One Crazy Penguin said...

Adjusting numbers? Looks like you're in for a world of hurt!

Great job on the workout :)

Adrienne said...

Man oh man I can feel the pain from here. Good stuff!

Unknown said...

yowzer! speedy intervals!

Fruit Fly said...

That made me giggle!

Anonymous said...

Virgin Bride? Where does one find such a thing?

Shawn said...

Holy Crap man...good for you....hope you catch a virgin bride!!!!

ShutUpandRun said...

That virgin bride is in trouble.

Elizabeth said...

Wow, awesome job on the workout. Now I understand what you mean about my heartrate being high. I have a feeling yours are about to start catching up to mine.

Patrick Mahoney said...

Lock up your daughters and load the shotguns, the O Man is rolling through town.

Well done...

Shawn said...

I think the heart rate is high because Andrew is thinking about the Virgin Bride....and he was working his ass off!!!

Emz said...

Can Jill please be my trainer?!

Rae said...

Awesome improvement!

Anonymous said...

Nice... but like I used to say when I was working full time... don't do anything well that you don't want to do again... so you had better be ready for some more torture!!!

Teamarcia said...

Do you pay her extra for her to call you 'baby'?

Matty O said...

I see progress. I am however curious on your HR. That seems really low to me. I know everyone has a different target HR (blah blah blah) but when I push hard I am in the 180s or so.

Curious.

Keep it up buddy... you are gonna be a speedy gonzalez runner yet!

Matty O said...

THEN THERE WAS NO VIRGIN BRIDE AWAITING YOUR FINISH MISTER!!! 30bpm off of your theoretical max meant you had a hell of a lot more in you! DIG next time!!!

and I have to laugh pretty hard at Jamoosh HAHA, GREAT comment.

Lucas R. Tucker said...

I hate running after I adjust my numbers!

April said...

Wow! Great job!

Anne said...

Excellent pace!!! You are really improving...you may just find that virgin bride after all ;)

Ewa said...

Your heart rate is amazingly low = you are in great shape. And your improvement is impressive = you are working hard.
Good job. Pat yourself on the back.
All wise 'virgin' comments have been taken so I'll abstain.

Jill said...

The crowd loves you! And your virgin bride. I'm hope you lay your head on your pillow tonight with a big smile on your face. Well done.

Zaneta @ Runner's Luck said...

um... look at you!! Improvement is AWESOME!! I think Jill needs to be my friend ;)

Johann said...

Well done, that is real progress. Keep it up! I'm my own coach. I'll call myself baby and see if I push harder.

Goose said...

You're a straight beast, Andrew. Onwards & Upwards.

Anne-Marie said...

Great job! Love the 'virgin bride' comments.

Caratunk Girl said...

Hey there speedy!! I laughed outloud at the virgin bride comments too. Keep rocking it!

Erika said...

Way to go!! That's some super speed!

Chris K said...

Who are you and what have you done with Andrew?

The Boring Runner said...

No waiting for virgin brides!? I'm with Chris - who is this and what did you do with Andrew?