Friday, July 2, 2010

Day 19 of 21 of the bootstrap program

Jogged a decent distance with my wife. 3.71 k in 30 mins using 4/1 x 6. So my incorrect pace becomes 40:43 for 5k. I felt like I had lots of energy and could have ran faster. Took my wife to some new streets in our neighborhood!

Watched Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz in this fantasy spy thriller Knight and Day, but was pretty disappointed because they used violence and killing as the solution for every problem. My wife made a joke that I almost could be Tom Cruise since I knew how to run across the roofs of building, fly helicopters, sky dive, fly planes, race motor cycles, but that I didn't know how to shoot people. Then my sister piped up and said she could shoot people! [I guess you had to be there.]

I think after two years of not going out to the movies together we could have picked a better film, but Karate Kid had already started at 7 pm when we showed up.

So what does this have to do with running? I paid attention to the music matched to the action, and I wonder how much music and especially the beat can increase my activity level. Something else to experiment with.

No comments: