THURSDAY'S CROSS-TRAINING: Did part of my weights workout today ... adding some weight for my arms last Tuesday, and still feeling the stretch today. Lunges are still challenging, but I have added weights and switched walking lunges to lunges in place with a 75 lb dumbbell. The Hard Core Club Workout is going well, and I'm close to adding a full second set of repetitions for all the exercises and waiting patiently for the intermediate program to be published by Jamoosh [@ Hard Core Club]. Will continue the weights just before lunch and fit in HCC before I eat.
SUPER FATLETE CHALLENGE: Over a week ago I was tagged by Luke [@ the Super Fatlete] to complete 3 tasks:
- Answer his 8 questions
- Create 8 questions to answer
- Pick 8 people to tag and have answer your new questions and follow these three tasks
Part 1: Luke's Questions
- What is your favorite song quote? "Somebody get me a cheeseburger" Steve Miller Band Living in the USA
- What is your favorite exercise or workout? Squats - hate them the most so I love them!
- Favorite place to go on vacation and activity to do? Rocky Mountains - Skiing
- Do you collect anything, if so what and how did it start? Friends and Memories - after death of several close loved ones
- Hardest obstacle you have had to overcome in your weight loss/fitness/training goals? Finding dedicated time to stick to the plan
- What do you do now and if you could choose any career what would it be? I run software companies at the executive level - other job would have to be explorer in the 14th Century
- If you could choose an exotic animal to have as a pet what would it be? I don't like keeping pets unless they can be part of the family - no lizards, snakes, spiders etc. - I believe it creates a negative imbalance in Nature - if anything a chimpanzee [that could talk - I'd name him Caesar!]
- Do you use a reward system for your goals, (formally set or not) and if so what is your favorite reward? No reward system. I enjoy activity, even though I am overweight. I always try to like the thing that I am doing. Attitude makes a big difference - and it costs nothing!
Part 2: My Questions - rather tame compared to Luke's
- What is the best 5k time you have had in the last 9 months?
- What was your body weight (with clothing, water, stuff) at this 5k time? (Guess is acceptable - but should be accurate!)
- Did you run a negative split during this 5k?
- Did you fartlek at anytime during the run? (I know this is a setup and you can thank me later!)
- What is your age or age group?
- What is your sex?
- Have you ever run to a metronome?
- What is your stride length running at a 5k pace? (Don't know - then go and measure!)
Part 3: My tags
- Adam (@ The Boring Runner)
- Glenn (@ The Running Fat Guy)
- Luke (@ The Super Fatlete)
- Anne (@ Asthma and the Gift of Running)
- Manderz (@ Manderz Road to New Life)
- Kovas (@ Midwest Multisport Life)
- Rio (@ Her Name Is Rio & She Runs)
- Irene (@ Magazine Smiles)
There is also one more thing ... If you are reading this and I did not tag you, please answer my questions as well. I'm trying to build up a group of virtual athlete's that I want to emulate, and your numbers will help me be a better stalker!
SITE COMPARISON: coming soon! Really it is ... it's grown super big!