Friday, January 28, 2011

Burpee Contest

Rules:
  1. only burpees with push-ups count (Katie will have a demonstration at Run for the Bikini
  2. most completed burpees in two minutes
  3. last time to enter your results is end of Sunday February 20 (in your time zone)
  4. results will be tabulated on Monday February 21 and announced shortly afterwards
  5. enter results as often as you like at the Burpee Results Page
  6. prize for first, second, third and last will be a banner graphics for your blog, an interview, and lasting admiration of your fellow blogizens
  7. any results also including a video of the entire 2 minutes will be entered into a gift give-away random draw (one entry per person) - the more video entrants the more gifts will be offered to placing results 
  8. Form will be judged by Katie at Run for the Bikini
Katie has a great description of the Burpee.  (Zuzana Light - a fellow Canadian of Slavic decent - called and asked if she could be considered if Katie was not going to do it. Katie agreed, so it was no contest.  Next time Zuzana.) 

Interesting stuff from the Discovery Channel (boom-dee-a-da, boom-dee-a-da) that Katie talked about:

29 comments:

Teamarcia said...

Darn it I thought it was a burping contest.

Adrienne said...

Ugg. I've had worse two minutes of my life I suppose.

Matty O said...

27 years old, resting heart rate 42 bpm. I did the calcs 3 different ways and came up with 148-158 so I chose 153 bpm.

Jill said...

Where's the jump? That chick isn't jumping - that's the main part!

Andrew Opala said...

In the AF, we called the one's with the jump "flying" or "Tabatha" burpees ... dunno ... we'll see what Katie says are the official.

Karen R said...

Those look like a lot of work!

But I might actually try one! :)

Katie said...

Posted!! And yes I do mine with a jump at the end and then right back into squat position.

Melissa Cunningham said...

wow,im in!!!

Jim ... 50after40 said...

Oh ... it's not Slurpee??? Hope 7-Eleven will take these back!

Rose @ Eat, Drink, and Be Meiri said...

My form is terrible, but, um, maybe. Maybe.

Anonymous said...

oh i'm not in good enough shape for this.

and it's friday.

where's my cocktail??!!!!

xo

Zaneta @ Runner's Luck said...

ooo... a challenge!! I may have to join ;)

5 Miles Past Empty said...

Ah...geeze!! I'm in! Scared but in!!

Julie @ HotlegsRunner said...

wooh! ok lemme do this after my marathon on the 6th ok? I might injure or kill myself trying hahaha! Will ask my daughter to time and take a video of me =)

Matthew Bradford said...

You are a BEAST.

Posting on Monday.

Chris K said...

Can Katie come to my house and demonstrate in person?

Johann said...

My fragile old ultra body will break in many places if I try this.

Black Knight said...

The last time I did something of similar was 30 years ago when I was a modest rugby player.
...let's try....the last prize could be mine.

Tri-James said...

I hate burpies but -

I’m throwing down the gantlet – I’m in!

Anonymous said...

Wow, those are tough, if I had some coordination skills, I may actually try videotaping it! :)

Katie said...

Chris~ If you pay for my flight and hotel (week stay) in Cali, I will most certainly come demonstrate for you.

The Green Girl said...

I'm in!

Ewa said...

If my knee allows, I am in. Burpees are fun, Really.

Amanda@runninghood said...

This sounds awesome. I start training today. :)

Caroline said...

high school nightmare!!!!!!!

Kate Geisen said...

That looks awful. I'll just watch (and taunt, where necessary) from afar.

Anonymous said...

attempt #1 -21 and totally out of breath! Love 'em! Thanks "Run For the Bikini!"

The Boring Runner said...

I'm with Chris. I'm going to need some 1:1 demonstration of how these work before I attempt to make a fool out of myself on my blog. I mean, I never make a fool on my blog. never.

Katie said...

23 yesterday, I'll post my highest video on the 16 th :D

Adam~ Just Do It! :)

Anon~ You're welcome!