Tuesday, February 22, 2011

2-Minute Burpee Challenge Results (Official)

Rank Participant Best in 2 Minutes
1 Tri-James 43
2 Melissa Cunningham  35.5
3 Matty O 35
4 AndrewOpala 34
5 Kiesha 33
6 Katie 23
7 Heather 22
8 Amanda@runninghood  20

We had agreed to a random draw for all non-video workouts and a top prize for the best video workout.  Then I got my sponsor to agree for a prize for Katie who would help judge.  Then today he called me and I mentioned there were only 6 hard core participants.  He hemmed and hawed and agreed for prizes for everyone.

Tri-James will get the $25 gift card to his online store of choice, given that I can gift it to him.  And the other 5 participants will get a $10 gift card to their online store of choice (given that I can gift it to them).  And Katie for helping as well.

Please drop me an email with the online store and any other information I need to send the gift to you.  andrew [at] andrewopala [dot] ca.

Thanks everyone ... I had a lot of difficulty finding the wind to get past 19 in two minutes, and then Tri-James got me so hyped that I managed to overcome a stroke in mid-air and add another 15.  No video really came out cuz I did them outside with the bright snow as background and me facing the bowels of the garage.

I would like to try this again in a months time to see my progress.  Let me know if you want to give it a shot.  Thanks Katie, I felt extra special because of your participation!

I'll have had a banner graphic for you as promised, and I'll get one up shortly.

21 comments:

Kate Geisen said...

Good job everybody!

Anonymous said...

you cats are making me look lame. i need to work on that.. but first lemme finish my beer. ;-)

xo

Adrienne said...

Oh man I'm a total loser for bailing on this challenge eh? Still friends? I would have whipped out at least 3.2 burpees I'm sure of it. Good job everyone.

The Green Girl said...

I completely forgot all about this. I'm a failure.

I'm glad you were able to overcome the stroke, Andrew. Nice job.

Chris K said...

I was gonna go mano-a-mano with Kovas. Live. But he can't do it now due to a "family thing". Riiiiiiiiight.

Raina said...

Glad to see your blog and the challenge! Maybe I'll get on board next round :)

Andrew Opala said...

This can be any online gift card: Starbucks, Amazon, Home Depot, etc. It doesn't have to be running related, I just need to know I can enter the money in Canada and make sure you get your card in the least expensive way possible - usually email!

The Green Girl said...

I have bad allergies and I'm struggling with a nasty sinus infection right now. That explains about half my traveling medicine cabinet.

Anonymous said...

Awesome job everyone! I was hoping to try this out, but figured my video would only be suitable for comedy central viewers! ;)

Jennifer said...

James my friend, you Rocked it! I knew you would! Fun challenge Andrew!

Teamarcia said...

Nice job everyone!

Wow your garage has bowels? Gross.

Katie said...

Awesome, we definitely have to do this again because I need need to break 30!! I feel special for being included :D

and I think we discovered that runners don't like to do anything but "run" ;)

Matty O said...

There was no way I was going to dig that hard to beat James. When he told me how many seconds/burpee he did, I respectfully bowed out of the challenge haha!

Congrats James! And to everyone else who entered, great job everyone!!!

A Prelude To... said...

Everyone did great! I may have to get in on this next time...

Johann said...

Well done everyone! No, I'm still not in for the next round.

tahoegirl said...

Holy smokes. Well done people. Burpees = death for me.

Rose @ Eat, Drink, and Be Meiri said...

I'm really hoping that you run this contest again when I'm *not* procrastinating, and then sick, because I totally want to play.

Georgia Snail said...

Great job everyone...I was (almost) inspired to attempt them.

Lucas R. Tucker said...

Good Job Everyone.

Tri-James said...

Great contest - Matty-O (and everyone else), you made me have to raise the bar! Thanks -

And Andrew, " overcome a stroke in mid-air and add another 15." - post the video, I would love to see this!

The Boring Runner said...

You got THIRTY FOUR!? Wow. I can't burpee more than once - even after I drink pop OR beer!! *bad joke groan*

haha, common, someone had to make the comment.