Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy St. Valentine's Day


  • nothing is known of Saint Valentine except that he was buried on the Via Flaminia on February 14
  • a Medieval legend says he would not convert to paganism and so was executed ... but before then he restored the sight of the jailers daughter to say "no hard feelings"
  • a later addition to the legend said Valentine was a priest that performed marriages for young couples, thereby keeping them out of the Roman army
  • finally Hallmark cards started to say that before he was executed, Valentine sent the first greeting card (with bar code) to the girl of the jailer
I think the truth is more in line with the video below:



14 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ha ha very funny post Andrew! You have an excellent day too!

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Love it.
Next year Hanged, drawn and quartered!!!

Tri-James said...

Funny stuff - here is another one -

NASA Scientists Plan To Approach Girl By 2018

Raegun said...

Oh Andrew....you're the best!

Georgia Snail said...

....and that made my day....

misszippy said...

That is the best! thanks for doing your homework for us!

TRI714 said...

no hard feelings !!!

Jim ... 50after40 said...

Ha - I've seen one half of that at my house from time to time.

Caroline said...

Funny!!!

Adrienne said...

Gotta love The Onion, always good informative info there. :) Happy Valentines day!

5 Miles Past Empty said...

Ha ha ha!! glad my hubby and I are miserable! I would hate to be stones right about now! =)

Chris K said...

Awesome, but what's wrong with a joint voice mail greeting with alternating words. I'm searching for a g.f. so I can do that on my cell phone. That would be adorable.

Anonymous said...

hehe!!

xo

Molly said...

thats hilarious! oh, I finally posted the stew recipe for ya..