Monday, February 7, 2011

Tribute to Chris K

Chris was born in a small fishing village just outside of Oslo Norway.


Because of poverty, he had to run to school every day not to be beaten by the evil headmaster.


But because of this twist of fate, he developed a love of running.  Full of vibrancy and youthfulness, he set himself a goal to qualify for an entry position in the Boston Marathon.  The years of training built him into a better and better runner.  He found a coach.  But then tragedy struck.


He injured his heel.  He sought solace in many places including the blogosphere.


No athlete wants to give up, so his coach made him train in the water.  This helped him keep his fitness as good as possible given the circumstances.


As time went on the coach had him work on how he leaned into his running, which was a major cause of his heel problems.


Finally, the big day arrived.  In a small fishing village just outside of Huntington Beach, his entire life went full circle.

HE QUALIFIED FOR BOSTON WITH 1 MINUTE AND 17 SECONDS TO SPARE! (thanks misszippy117 SECONDS TO SPARE


Chris K - My Hero!!!!



closed track, professional driver, actual mileage may vary, on approved credit, some scenes may have been combined to enhance clarity, Andrew received no funds for endorsing Chris, this post may contain confidential information the use of which by an unintended recipient is unauthorized.

35 comments:

misszippy said...

Nice work there, Andrew! And he actually made it by 1 minute, 17 seconds (Boston gives you the 59 seconds on your qualifying time).

Raegun said...

What a fantastic tribute, Andrew! I was just roaring out loud. Success must taste pretty sweet after that road to victory! :)

Chris K said...

Andrew, I have a confession to make, I didn't injure my heel last summer from running. It was caused by my secret love of wearing women's pumps. So, the picture above is appropriate.

You are one of my original Followers and have been a steadfast supporter and friend. You are one of the funniest dudes out there.

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

And the swim suit shot is actually my body...

Shawn said...

Ha...once again Andrew slays me!

Anonymous said...

Haha Andrew, too funny! :)

KovasP said...

A story seldom heard and perhaps better that way.

Katie said...

Ahaha this is ridiculous! I needed a little something to brighten my day today :D

Teamarcia said...

It can happen to you. Just borrow a pair or 6 of those women's pumps.

Tricia said...

Hilarious!

Kruns2 said...

Wow, what a great tribute. I was in tears. HA! CNN here you come!

Laura said...

Love this!!

Kate Geisen said...

This is hilarious!

As a sidenote, as a lover of high heels (though not so much on guys), I've been very sad to learn that I can either wear heels ever day OR train for a marathon, but not both. :( I guess I'll have to live vicariously through Chris's heel fetish...and, um, that swim suit picture...

Adrienne Langelier, MA said...

So freakin' funny! Nice tribute, Andrew;)

Bob said...

Very Entertaining. Thanks!

Jill said...

Chris needs to print this out and give it to gym girl.

Christina said...

My heels break off when running in them too.

Christina said...

Gym girls shouldn't see this. She may get jealous seeing how great Chris looks in the bathing suit doing synchronized swimming.

Zaneta @ Runner's Luck said...

what an awesome tribute! lol... love it! Congrats to Chris!!

Adrienne said...

Wow.....I never knew Norway's headmaster's were so mean. I always thought Norway was sort of that "neutral" country sort of like those pansy Canadians. I've been so ignorant yet I'm really learning a lot from the blog world. I think Chris really should thank Norway for the disciplined upbringing that lead to his Boston Qualifying success. I'll learn from them and threaten my own children more thus making them faster and someday if I'm lucky they too can be like Chris K.

Good stuff Andrew. Congrats again Chris!

Caroline said...

So good and so funny!!!

Neil Zee said...

Good one!

Jim ... 50after40 said...

Hahaha ... I would pay to see the water ballet!

Fruit Fly said...

What a fabulous, touching tribute!

Congrats on your BQ, Chris K!

Anonymous said...

Pretty sure this should be submitted to Runner's World for their "I am a runner." section.

Congrats Chris!

Ewa said...

I had not idea about Chris's background. Thank you for this short but enlightening bio. Love the pic of Norwegian kids running to school. I guess the midnight sun burned their skins, ah?

Christina said...

Wonderful tribute!

Erika said...

OMG! Thia had me totally cracking up!

Anabela (Bela) Neves said...

LOL thanks for the giggle

Johann said...

Great one Andrew! Let's face it, the man is a hero and definitely a legend in the making.

The Green Girl said...

Wow, I learned so much about Chris from a single blog post from you, Andrew!

5 Miles Past Empty said...

Awesome!!

And thanks for the video you left me. I have been whining a lot lately. Something has got me down and I can't seem to kick it...the video helped but not as much as this post!! =)

Christina said...

You were right about Carla Bruni. I don't understand a single word she is singing. Heck, it could be a string of curse words in a French accent and I will think it is so romantic.
I am also shallow. I think she is kinda pretty.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA!! How did you do that! Made my morning!!

Matthew Bradford said...

This is so amazing, Andrew. So amazing.