Thursday, February 3, 2011

WTF?

Ok, imagine my surprise, when I get back to my blog and discover, 2 automated posts didn't show up.  And only poor Katie writes to see where I have disappeared to.

Being the world's greatest scientist and most intelligent person, I began to investigate.  It turns out that Blogger is run by Americans.  And therefore the date is Month/Day/Year.  Of course, the rest of the world does it Day/Month/Year or Year/Month/Day, but that does not matter.  If it's good for Americans it's good for blogger, and therefore it is good for me.

As a heads up:
  • on January 2 (the past), a post will appear discussing traction devices for winter running
  • of course for some really stupid reason I didn't post anything to appear on the one day that would work February 2 
  • on March 2, a post will appear discussing my Diverticulitis which happens to be improving and is a little gross so I will delete it for now unless I want to start a trend called "farting Friday" or "bowel resection Thursday" or something similar
  • I'll rewrite Friday's post or even wing it!
Finally, I'm in talks to partner on a guerrilla venture to develop some time-sensitive super-secret software, with an entrepreneur who has a successful track-record of taking stuff from the garage to the victory lap.  I have a decent track-record too, but I've never been the money guy, I've always been the Scotty to Captain Kirk.  In this venture, I could be Dr. McCoy, or even Mr. Spock!  All I really want to know is that when we organize a landing party, I don't have to wear the red shirt!

Don't forget to join the 2-minute Burpee Challenge!!!!


12 comments:

Jonathan said...

I know this is a little random, but I wanted to say thank you for having a "to each their own" attitude about the way we Americans do stuff. It's really refreshing not to get a 20 minute shakedown about how we're so stupid/awful/evil/etc.

Looking forward to more posts now that the bugs are worked out!! =)

Kate Geisen said...

Tha whole day/month thing always throws me. Which month is #24 again? :) Next you're going to want me to use metric...and if you could see the strain the conversion causes my poor brain you'd laugh. And maybe weep, since I'm educating our youth, but never fear...my math skills are sufficient to stay ahead of my first graders. :)

I do hope you repose the winter traction one. That information may come in handy here.

Erika said...

Glad you figured it out! I'm a list soul when it comes to stuff Luke that!

Chris K said...

Canada should just invade the U.S., kick our a$$, and force the metric system on us.

Adrienne said...

Ha ha ha Chris. Canada kicking our A$$ Like that could ever happen, they'll have to get in line behind China. :)

Looking forward to bowel resection Thursdays!

Ewa said...

Just be glad they are not using ISO date format: yy-mm-dd.

Anonymous said...

Canadians - tolerated by the United States on a daily basis...

Shawn said...

It's okay Andrew, once again we just have to be tolerant and fool them with donuts, smack them around a bit in hockey and take our space shuttle arm back!!!

Katie said...

I knew something was up :D

Rae said...

My hubby had diverticulitis and something bad happened and he ended up having to have a bowel ressection. He was only 26 when this all happened. I hope you are ok!

The Boring Runner said...

Mmmmmm, bowel posts. Can't wait.

Didn't the US invent the calendar anyway? Everyone should use what we say! Between inventing the calendar, books, and measuring things, the US has most of the good inventions pretty wrapped up.

What is that? Calendar has existed for thousands of years? Nawww

Tri-James said...

I'll take ISO or julian any day.