Monday, August 23, 2010

8k and a Joke

My old 8 week training schedule says I should be finishing my running on Wednesday and running a race this Saturday.  But of course there is no plan to do this.  What I have done is started to add distance into the 8 week program just as it has started to taper to rest for the race.  I'll extend it, adding between 10 and 15 percent to the total distance run per week until two weeks before the race.  Level off one week before, and taper down the week of the race.  This seems to be the form that all of Hal Higdon's training plans take (at least the ones I've seen).  My goals will be to increase my tempo pace portion of the running to 5k and to run it "balls out" from the start, keep my EZ at 5 k run between 30 and 40 minutes and my endurance I will stretch out as much as I can to keep the heart and body working on better energy management.  Then my endurance echo run will be an attempt to shave off just a little time of the previous endurance run.  (I'll put my results and plan in the excel spread sheet on my progress tab.)

So there you go.  I'm feeling really good with Jamoosh's thrilling thirteen and Amanda'a lunges.  In fact before the endurance and echo runs I do about 10 walking lunges per leg to warm-up.  As Tony the Tiger says, "They're GREAT!"  I'm tired but calm.  Have a good outlook on each day, and still run with lots of DELIGHT!

Now a joke from Fr. Ron:

One day in a train in Ireland, a man stumbles into one of the large cabins holding lots of people.  Gasping for air he says, "Is there a Catholic priest in this car, it's an emergency?"  The people all just look at each other in wonder.  The man then continues, "That's ok.  Is there an Church of Ireland Vicar or Deacon, or perhaps an Orthodox priest?"  Everyone looks around and no one speaks up.  The man getting really frustrated says, "Anyone, is there a Lutheran Minister here?"  Still no one says anything, and just as the man is going to stumble out of the cabin and make his way to the next car, a young man gets up and says, "I'm a Baptist Reverend, can I be of some assistance?"  The frustrated man says "No, I'm sorry you can't, Reverend.  We're looking for a cork screw ..."

6 comments:

Ginny M said...

That actually did make me laugh :)

Emz said...

I don't get it.





;)

Lucas R. Tucker said...

great joke!

Irene said...

That was a great joke!

Julie said...

Okay, I laughed a little:)

The Boring Runner said...

HAHAHAHAHA. That is awesome.